The mushrooms used in our veggie burger recipe add a distinctive meaty texture to the patties! Don’t believe us? Just try them…
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tin of beans (chickpeas, pinto, black beans, etc.)
- 1 tsp cumin
- A shake of chili powder
- Add a little water to a frying pan, followed by the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until very soft.
- Blend the beans in a food processor and add to the cooked vegetables.
- Mould the mixture into round patty shapes and press them flat onto a lined baking tray. Cook in the oven at gas mark 6 for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the burgers between 2 portobello mushrooms with fillings of your choice, or eat them on their own.