Try this simple, nourishing and low-calorie vegetarian dish for a handy evening meal!
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- 250g red split lentils
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp of dried herbs, eg. oregano or basil
- 500ml of low salt vegetable stock
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Add a little water to a saucepan, followed by the onion, garlic, carrot and mushrooms. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the lentils, tin of tomatoes, puree and stock to the mixture, as well as the dried herbs. Simmer for about 30 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and the lentils are cooked. Add more liquid if needed.
- Serve with 30g of spaghetti if you are eating carbs, or a generous helping of courgetti noodles. Sprinkle with some nutritional yeast to add a cheesy flavor without too many extra calories!
- Serve and enjoy!