A lighter take on this classic comfort food! Nutritious and delicious – and the portions can be easily increased or decreased depending on numbers.
- 300g of 3% fat beef mince
- ½ a white onion
- Tin of tomatoes
- ½ salt free ‘DIETESSE’ stock cube
- Red kidney beans
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ red pepper
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of chilli powder, according to taste
- ½ tsp of paprika
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cauliflower
- Sautee the onion in a little stock made up with approx. 150-200ml of water. Cook for about 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the crushed garlic clove and the beef mince and cook until the beef is completely browned.
- Add the chopped pepper, spices, tin of tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until it has reduced a little.
- Add the tin of kidney beans in last, just long enough to warm through prior to serving.
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food blender and place in the microwave for 3-4 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Spoon the cauliflower onto two plates and place the chilli con carne on top. Garnish with some nutritional yeast. This adds a cheesy flavour with a fraction of the calories!