25 Tips for Surviving the Season
Christmas is a special time, but it can also present challenges when it comes to staying motivated and committed to goals. Here are our top tips for making it through the festive season without gaining weight
Before the holidays
- Avoid overly restrictive diets. Being too hard on yourself can create anxiety which is counter-productive in the long run.
- Don’t start before Christmas. Reserve the heaviest meals and desserts for the holidays.
- Plan your shopping list. Sticking to a shopping list helps to control super-market temptations, and helps you to plan the quantities you need to avoid left-overs.
- Plan your menu in advance. Plan a festive menu to include light starters to counteract high-calorie mains.
During the holidays
- Don’t skip meals. Eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks will help you to maintain an active metabolism and avoid feelings of hunger and anxiety.
- Drink 1.5 – 2 litres of water per day. This will help to cleanse the body and control hunger.
- Chew your food thoroughly. Chewing your food slowly helps you to pace yourself and avoid becoming over-full.
- Eat what you want, but in moderation. Serve your food on a small plate, and don’t refill it.
- Reserve alcohol consumption for special meals. Be mindful of the calorie content of alcoholic drinks.
- Make home-made desserts. Try substituting sugar for sweetener in your festive favourites.
- When hunger strikes – remember that a yoghurt with 2 tablespoons of Redunat Fibre will help you to feel full.
- Make time for tea! Natur House teas will help to cleanse the body and relieve water-retention. (Always consult your nutritionist first.)
- Take Chitosan before meals. Ask in-store for this supplement.
- Don’t be discouraged if you give in to temptation. If you over-indulge from time to time, you can always compensate by having our low-calorie Slimbel custards for dinner.
After the holidays
- Lay off the leftovers. To avoid temptation, don’t keep your leftovers lying around!